Se encuentra usted aquí
Silvia Molina Plaza
UNIVERSIDAD POLITÉCNICA DE MADRID
ETSIN ARCO DE LA VICTORIA 428040 MADRIDESPAÑA
Silvia Molina Plaza holds a PhD in English Linguistics from the UCM (Madrid), with a dissertation, supervised by Joanne Neff, which was given an Extraordinary Doctorate Award, and in January 2001 she obtained a position as tenured Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) at the University of Castilla-La Mancha. She obtained another tenured Senior Lecturer position at the Technical University of Madrid where she is currently teaching at the Department of Applied Linguistics to Science and Technology. She has gained recognition for eighteen years of quality research.
Silvia was the supervisor of Supervised 2 Published Doctoral theses 2002 and 2009. She was also appointed as examiner for over 22 doctoral theses in various universities (UCM, UCLM, UAH, UR).
She co-organized AEDEAN Conference (2000) and she organized XXXIII AESLA Conference in Madrid with Dr. Ana Roldán-Riejos in April 2015.
Her research has focused on the translation from English to Spanish, contrastive analysis (modality and collocations), Pragmatics and Discourse Analysis applied to ESP in numerous book chapters, articles, papers and she has attended several national and international Conferences. She has been the leader of four regional and one national project related to contrastive phraseology, and has participated in seven R & D Projects. Among them, the following:
-Phraseological units dictionary Spanish-English/ English Spanish with corpora examples BFF -02540, (2003-2006).
-Translation tool for the translation of collocations and idioms English- Spanish . PAI07-0018-0804 (2007-2009).
-Phraseology and Discourse Analysis applied to Science and Technology, UPM (2009-2012)
Measures of Esteem
- Deputy Head Modern Languages Department UCLM (2000-2004)
- Director of Estudios de Filología Moderna ( Modern Philology Studies) 2002-2007.
- Head of Modern Languages Department UCLM (2004-2007)
- Deputy Head Department of Applied Linguistics to Science and Technology, The Technical University of Madrid (2012-to date).
- 2006-2012 Director of Pragmatics panel in AESLA Annual Conferences.
- 2008-September 2012. Co-director of Translation Panel in AELFE Annual Conferences.
- 2009- date Member of the Scientific Committee of Nausivios Chora.
- 2010. Member of the Scientific Committee of 14th International Culture and Power Conference: Identity and Identification.
- 2010- date Member of the Atlantis Journal Editorial Team.
- 2011-date Member of the International Journal of English Studies Scientific Committee.
- 2011. Member of the Scientific Committee of X Congreso de AELFE .
- 2012. Member of the Scientific Committee of XXX Congreso Internacional de AESLA “La Lingüística aplicada en la era de la globalización.
- 2013. Evaluator of The 11th International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications: EISTA 2013, Orlando (Florida).
- 2013. Evaluator of International Journal of English Linguistics ISSN 1923-869X (Print) ISSN 1923-8703 (Online)